Key P2 words
Write five sentences using some of your spelling words, hand in on Wednesday 23rd may, thank-you.
Our mental maths questions on Wednesday 16th may were:
1. 12 pencils were shared between 3 children. How many pencils did each child get?
2. Sara shared 9 cakes with her friend. How many whole cakes did they get each?
3. How many cakes were left over?
4. Harry bought 5 boxes of cakes. Each box had 4 cakes in it. How many cakes did Harry buy?
5. Harry needed to buy 32 cakes altogether for everyone in his class. How many more cakes did he need?
6. Alfie had 50c, 20c and 10c in his pocket. How much did he have?
7. He needed €1 to go to the cinema. How much more did he need?
8. There were 12 sweets on the table. Sara took a quarter of the sweets. How many did she take?
9. How many sweets were left?
10. 17 people were on a bus. 9 people got off the bus. 12 people got on the bus. How many people are on the bus now?
We will continue to work on worded problems next week in mental maths, so keep practising.
Our maths homework will be a sheet based on column addition which we have been working on this week. This should be completed and handed in on Friday 25th May, thank-you.
TEFL we are looking at time conjunctions: First, next, before, after, then, finally.
Write a paragraph which includes all of these time conjunctions. Hand in on Thursday 24th May 2018.